Marin County Utilities and Services – A Moving Resource

This is a comprehensive list with all the information you need to contact Marin County Utilities and other service providers to start or terminate service:


I would stay away from Simple Connect. It tends to steer you to companies that just want you to sign you up for their business.


  • Mill Valley Refuse  – Belvedere, Corte Madera, Mill Valley, Strawberry, and Tiburon (including surrounding county areas), –(415) 457-9760.  Visit for information about garbage pickups, recycling, composting, etc…
  • Tamalpais Community Service District  – Tam Valley (Unincorporated County of Marin, between the city of Mill Valley and the Sausalito/Marin City area). –(415) 388-6393.  for information about services.
  • Bay Cities Refuse – Sausalito and Marin City – (415) 332-3646.  Visit  for additional information about services.
  • Marin Sanitary Service  -Larkspur, Ross, San Anselmo, San Rafael, Kentfield, Greenbrae, and Marinwood, (including unincorporated areas of Fairfax and San Anselmo) – (415) 456-2601.  Visit for information about garbage pickups, recycling, composting  etc.
  • Fairfax Refuse and Recycling – Fairfax – 415-453-8355
  • Novato Disposal Services, -Novato, (415) 897-4177.
  • Shoreline Disposal Service/Waste Management  – West Marin –  (800) 862-4659
  • Marin Recycling Center  – Bulk disposal and recycling – (415) 453-1404.  Visit www.marins
     for information.
  • Electronics Disposal – (800) 780-0347 or visit


Note: When ordering satellite TV service, it is recommended that you request a written quote before subscribing.


  • Marin IJ – To subscribe or suspend delivery while on vacation 800-492-6845 or  click here.
  • San Francisco Chronicle – (415) 777-1111 or visit
  • Wall Street Journal – 1-800-369-2834 or visit  to order or change service. 


After you move, make sure to contact the California DMV to change your address:

  • Corte Madera: (800) 777-0133 – Address: 75 Tamal Vista Boulevard,Corte Madera
  • Novato: (415) 897-0490 – Address: 936 7th Street A, Novatoor visit to complete a change of address form.


When you purchase or sell a home, the title company will take care of property taxes for the remainder of the tax period. Make sure your escrow officer explains this to you when you sign escrow documents.

After you move in to your new home, you may receive a supplementary tax bill based on the new assessed value of the house. You must pay this.

IMPORTANT: You are responsible for the next semi-annual installment payment on your property taxes. If you do not receive a bill, contact the Marin Country Tax Collector (phone number below)–you are still responsible. Your taxes are delinquent after April 10 and December 10.

Marin County Tax Collector- (415) 499-6133


  • Blue & Gold Fleet (Sausalito, Tiburon and Angel Island Ferries)- (415) 705-5555 or visit for schedules.
  • Golden Gate Transit (Bus & Ferry) – (415) 455-2000 or visit for information on bridge tolls and ferry schedules.
  • Marin Airporter – (415) 461-4222 or visit for schedules, fares and pick-up locations.
  • Red & White Fleet (Ferry) – (800) 229-2784 or visit  for information on Bay Cruises and private charters
  • Marin Yellow Cab – (800) 774-8294
  • Bay City Limousine – (866) 815-7932


  • Emergency – 911
  • California Highway Patrol -(415) 924-1100
  • Marin County Sheriff –  (415) 479-2311
  • Marin County Fire Department – (415) 499-6717